Saturday, July 30, 2011

July 31st! Happy Birthday, Harry and Jo!

In case you weren't aware, July 31st is the birthday of Harry Potter, and of his creator, J.K. Rowling. It is also the day set for one million fans to get the chance to enter the new Pottermore site early. I started checking the site at 6:06 p.m. local time (that's 12:06 a.m. London time). This is what I found.


After more than 2 hours, there started to be some chatter on Twitter that some were getting into the site.


I took this screenshot when I got to the same place myself, a few minutes later.

This is exactly why reading in the 21st Century is more exciting than it was when I was 11!

_________________

If you would like to read more about what is going on, there is a Geek.com article here, and another article on ScienceFiction.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment